- The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
- Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
- Accidental deaths per physician are 0.171. (US Dept. of Health and Human Services)
Now think about this:
- The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000. (Yes, that’s 80 million)
- The number of accidental gun deaths per year, for all age groups, is 1,500.
- The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Fact: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor, and the current administration is attempting to ensure that everyone does have access to at least one doctor.
Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. Guns don’t kill people, doctors do.
We must restrict access to doctors (if not ban them completely) before this gets out of hand.
As a public health measure I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.